2012 NHL Lockout: Rick Nash With Four Points In Debut With HC Davos

COLUMBUS,OH - OCTOBER 28: Rick Nash #61 of the Columbus Blue Jackets celebrates after scoring the game winning goal in a shoot out against the Edmonton Oilers on October 28 2010 at Nationwide Arena in Columbus Ohio. Columbus defeated Edmonton 3-2 in a shoot out. (Photo by John Grieshop/Getty Images)

Rick Nash and Joe Thornton suited up in their first game with HC Davos, against the Rapperswil-Jona Lakers of the Swiss National League A. Nash had quite the outing with his current team, as he was able to record a hat trick in a nine minute time frame during the first period. Nash also added an assist in the third period, during an HC Davos power play.

Meanwhile, Thornton was able to compile an assist on every one of Nash's goals throughout the game. To say these two were connecting all night long is quite the understatement.

Nash was under a lot of fire from the Rangers faithful with his initial decision to play in Switzerland during the lockout. However, with his performance today, you can't really fault him for making that decision. Sure the talent level over there isn't top of the line, but at least he's playing in game-like atmospheres. If anything, wouldn't it be a good sign that he's dominating the competition? I'd like to think so.

Nash and Thornton are expected to be in the lineup Tuesday evening when HC Davos faces off against the SCL Tigers. Game highlights from today's game will be available after the jump, once they become available.