2012 Rangers Prospects: Connecticut Whale Announce Training Camp Roster

Jim McIsaac - Getty Images

The Connecticut Whale announced their training camp roster, which will open this Saturday at the MSG Training Center

The Connecticut Whale have announced their training camp roster, which will consist of 23 forwards, 12 defensemen, and four goaltenders. The Whale training camp is scheduled to open on Saturday, September 30th, at the MSG Training Center in Tarrytown, NY.

Some notables listed on the Whale roster are Chris Kreider, J.T. Miller, Christian Thomas, Kyle Jean, and Marek Hrivik. Kreider is coming off a very hot playoff run with the New York Rangers, where he broke records before playing in a single regular season game. J.T. Miller and Christian Thomas will be getting their first full go-around with the Whale, and will hopefully crack the opening night roster.

As for Jean and Hrivik, these guys have been hidden gems that Gordie Clark and Co. have picked up. Hrivik had an impressive run with the Whale last season during the Clader Cup Playoffs, while Jean turned heads at the prospect development camp and earned himself a pro contract. The Whale are set to open up their 2012-2013 season on October 12th, against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.

This will likely be the closest we get to an actual NHL training camp for some time, but hey, it's something right? The full roster will be available below.

Forwards (23): Matthew Bissonnette, Ryan Bourque, Andrew Courtney, Ryan Flanigan, Tommy Grant, Micheal Haley, Danny Hobbs, Marek Hrivik, Kyle Jean, Jordie Johnston, Chad Kolarik, Chris Kreider, J.T. Miller, Kris Newbury, Scott Pitt, Brandon Segal, Kelsey Tessier, Nicolas Tremblay, Francis Verreault-Paul, Christian Thomas, Shayne Wiebe, Jason Wilson, Andrew Yogan

Defense (12): Sean Collins, Steven Delisle, Kyle Haines, Colten Hayes, Brent Henley, Sebastien Piche, Sam Klassen, Dylan McIlrath, Jyri Niemi, Blake Parlett, Logan Pyett, Mike Vernace

Goaltenders (4): Bryan Hince, Jason Missiaen, Scott Stajcer, Cam Talbot