New York Rangers News: Carl Hagelin Signs With Sodertalje In Sweden

Christopher Pasatieri - Getty Images

New York Rangers winger, Carl Hagelin, has signed a lockout contract with Sodertalje of Sweden's second-tier league.

According to Katie Strang of ESPN New York, New York Rangers winger, Carl Hagelin, has signed a lockout contract with his hometown team Sodertalje, in Sweden. Hagelin was linked to his former team for several weeks prior, but nothing was official until now. Hagelin is the second Ranger to depart overseas, with Rick Nash packing up to play for HC Davos in Switzerland a few weeks back.

Hagelin last played for Sodertalje during the 2006-2007 season, where he put up 24 goals, and 31 assists in 40 games played. He spent four years over in Sweden before journeying over to North America to play for the University of Michigan. Hagelin will depart for Sweden next week, where he will meet up with his Sodertalje team and begin practicing.

A majority of the New York Rangers still remain in New York, where they have been renting out ice rinks, and holding informal practices together. Henrik Lundqvist is also considering his options and could head back to Sweden if nothing is settled with the CBA in the coming weeks.