New York Rangers News: Rick Nash Injures Shoulder In HC Davos Game Agent Says

Greg Bartram-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire

Rick Nash suffered an injury during a game with HC Davos earlier today, which his agent confirmed was to his shoulder.

New York Rangers forward, Rick Nash, was injured during the first period of a game with HC Davos earlier today. It was first noted that Nash had injured his shoulder, and than quickly news spread that he could potentially have a concussion. After all of the dust cleared, Nash's agent Joe Resnick confirmed that Nash did sustain a potential injury, but it was to his shoulder, and not his head.

Resnick also stated that Nash did take another shift before removing himself from the game entirely as a precaution. Nash is expected to receive a full evaluation in the coming days.

The good among all of this is that the injury doesn't appear to be all that bad. It seems as if Nash tweaked his shoulder, and didn't want risk further injury, so he removed himself from the game. Of course injuries are never good, but whether Nash got hurt in North America, or overseas really makes no difference. Injuries could happen anywhere, and there isn't anything you can do to ultimately stop them.

Nash and fellow NHL star, Joe Thornton, both signed lockout deals with HC Davos back on September 17th. The pair played their during the season-long lockout back in 2004-2005. The nine-year veteran was also acquired from the Columbus Blue Jackets back in July, in exchange for Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Tim Erixon, and a 1st-round draft pick.

SB Nation Featured Video