FanPost

Rick Nash injured in a game in Davos

Terrible news for the Rangers. Nash was injured in a game today. Hopefully it is not serious, but a shoulder injury could be really bad. Hopefully he recovers within the next week or so.

Thoughts?

http://espn.go.com/nhl/conversations/_/id/8436889/new-york-rangers-winger-rick-nash-injured-playing-hc-davos-swiss-league

Star winger Rick Nash of the New York Rangers was injured while playing for HC Davos in a game Friday in the Swiss League.

Nash, acquired in a trade by the Rangers from Columbus over the summer, suffered a shoulder injury after being hit into the boards. He played one more shift before leaving.

"Rick was taken out for precautionary reasons," Nash's agent, Joe Resnick, told ESPN.com. "He'll be re-evaluated over the next few days by the team (Davos), and we'll see the extent of the injury, if any."

Nash is playing in Davos along with fellow NHL star Joe Thornton of the San Jose Sharks. The two players also played for Davos during the 2004-05 NHL lockout.