2012 NHL Lockouts: Talks About HRR To Finally Start Up Again On Monday

Jonathan Daniel - Getty Images

The NHL and the NHLPA have been tackling the smaller issues the past three days, now they've deemed Monday to be when they're going to start

According to Renaud P. Lavoile, who has been following these CBA negotiations from the beginning, the NHL and the NHLPA will in fact be meeting on Monday. And, as if that wasn't enough good news, the meeting will be focused on HRR negotiations.

There was speculation as to whether or not the NHL and the NHLPA would try to keep the momentum from this weekend's meetings going on Monday, although it was also unclear whether or not they wanted to tackle the HRR issues.

To this point, the NHL has expressed some disappointment and frustration that the NHLPA hasn't been willing to sit down and negotiate the HRR issues, but obviously something changed between Friday and today. Remember, as well, that Donald Fehr and Gary Bettman met Friday and Saturday in private to discuss how the two sides can come to an agreement. The two are also expected to meet privately today as well.

This might end up being a major step in the right direction, especially since the two sides have made some headway on some of the smaller issues.

The two sides are also meeting again today, although HRR isn't expected to be discussed until Monday.

Thoughts?