New York Rangers News: Rangers Give Cameron Talbot Two Year Contract Extension

Chris Rutsch / CT Whale

The New York Rangers have extended goaltender Cam Talbot for another two years.

According to Renaud Lavoie of RDS, the New York Rangers have signed goaltender Cam Talbot to a two-year contract extension. The extension will kick in next season with a two-way contract with a cap hit of $550,000. The interesting part of the contract is that it will convert over to a one-way contract during the 2014-2015 season, with a cap hit of $575,000. That's the same year Marty Biron's contract will expire as well.

So, it appears that Cam Talbot will be waiting in the wings for the next backup job for the New York Rangers, come the 2014-2015 season, when Biron's contract will completely expire. It's still unknown what the Rangers will be doing when that time comes, but they now have an insurance plan in place.

Talbot has played 37 games with the Connecticut Whale this season, where he has compiled a record of 17-19-1, with a 0.917 save percentage, and a 2.61 goals against average.

Thoughts?