Report: Michael Del Zotto Signs Two-Year Deal

Joel Auerbach

And the Rangers roster is now complete.

According to Bob McKenzie's twitter the Rangers have agreed to tentative terms with RFA Michael Del Zotto.

Michael Del Zotto has agreed to tentative terms with NYR and is expected in camp today tho aspects of contract are still being worked on.

Pierre LeBrun from ESPN has heard that it is a two-year deal.

Told that Del Zotto tentative deal is for two years

Michael Del Zotto taking medical at NYR camp this AM, so does sound like there's a tentative deal

Del Zotto, 22, was the last player the Rangers needed to sign to complete their roster for the upcoming season. The reports of the signing are a relief to many Ranger fans because the rumor mill was suggesting that fans should prepare for a long wait for Slats to get Del Zotto under contract.

As of this moment the only information out there is from Pierre LeBrun who reports that the deal is a tentative two-year deal with no numbers yet on how much money he'll be making or the cap hit. but he is taking his medical and is joining the team at training camp which are very exciting signs.

We'll share more details with you guys as they develop.

UPDATE:

: agreed to terms with defensemen and Matt Gilroy”/ Del Zotto's deal is two years with AAV of $2.55M.

Looks like the Rangers got MDZ pretty cheap, all things considered.

The Rangers have also signed Matt Gilroy to a professional contract.