New York Rangers News: New York Rangers Recall Brandon Segal From Connecticut

Chris Rutsch / CT Whale

According to the American Hockey League transaction wire, the New York Rangers have recalled Brandon Segal from the Connecticut Whale.

The New York Rangers have recalled Brandon Segal from the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League. Segal was initially placed on waivers yesterday afternoon along with Sean Collins, Micheal Haley, Chad Kolarik, Kris Newbury, Logan Pyett, Mike Vernace, and Tommy Grant. All of which cleared waivers at noon this morning and are now eligible to be recalled to the Rangers on an emergency basis.

Since Arron Asham will be unavailable for Saturday's opening game due to an outstanding suspension, Segal was likely recalled as a precaution in order to give the Rangers some insurance up front. There is no guarantee that Segal will be in the lineup on Saturday, since either Stu Bickel or Matt Gilroy may get inserted in as a fourth line forward.

In 38 games with the Connecticut Whale this season, Segal has tallied up a total of nine goals, seven assists, for a total of 16 points.