New York Rangers News: Brandon Segal Sent Down To Connecticut

Jared Wickerham

The New York Rangers have announced that Brandon Segal has been sent back down to Connecticut.

The New York Rangers have announced that the team sent down Brandon Segal after the loss to the Boston Bruins. From the team's official press release:

Brandon Segal has been assigned to the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League (AHL). Segal was credited with one blocked shot in 5:21 of ice time while making his Rangers debut in tonight's season opener at Boston.

This isn't a surprise at all. Segal, who understandably looked lost at times, was truly only filling in for Arron Asham during Asham's one-game suspension leftover from last year. John Tortorella had said he hoped Segal wouldn't be a "one and done" player for the Rangers, so hopefully Segal continues to impress in the AHL and gets another call-up if needed.

As for Asham, he's coming back at the perfect time, going up against his former team Sunday at Madison Square Garden. Asham is expected to suit up on the Rangers' fourth line.

Thoughts on this guys?