Chris Kreider Day-To-Day, Won't Play Tonight Along With Line Combinations

Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports

Chris Kreider has a bone chip in his ankle. He's day-to-day.

Well, one mystery of the New York Rangers' lineup tonight has been figured out. Chris Kreider was not on the ice for the morning skate today and according to the team it's because he has a bone chip in his ankle. He took an MRI and will be day-to-day.

This is actually a small blessing in disguise. Now Kreider can take another game or two in from the press box without it being anything more then him being injured.

According to Andrew Gross the following lines are skating this morning:

Nash-Richards-Gaborik

Pyatt-Stepan-Callahan

Hagelin-Boyle-Rupp

Ferriero-Halpern-Asham

McDonagh-Girardi

Staal-Del Zotto

Eminger-Stralman.

Looks like Bickel and Gilroy will be the healthy scratches.

So that also answers our question about Stu Bickel sitting for Benn Ferriero (I was right this morning!) and Arron Asham being back.

Still no word on who will tend the pipes, but it looks like it will be Henrik Lundqvist.

Thoughts guys?