New York Rangers News: Rangers Come To Terms With Jason Arnott

Jason O. Watson-US PRESSWIRE

According to Darren Dreger, the New York Rangers have come to terms with free agent forward, Jason Arnott.

According to Darren Dreger on TSN, the New York Rangers have come to terms with free agent forward Jason Arnott. Over the summer, the Rangers had some interest in signing the veteran, but didn't pull the trigger. Arnott played last season with the St. Louis Blues where he compiled 17 goals, and 17 assists in 72 games played.

Arnott is currently en route to New York City this evening where he will take a team physical. Arnott will need to pass the team physical in order to officially sign his contract with the Rangers. Speaking of the contract, the deal is expected to be a one-year deal and will pay him in the range of $1.6-$1.7 million.

Overall this is a solid, solid signing for the Rangers. Arnott brings the extra depth that the Rangers have been lacking, and even more veteran leadership to the locker room. Nothing is official as of now, but we will have more tonight when we hear it.