Breaking News: Rangers Deal For Jason Arnott Falls Through Following Failed Physical

Scott Rovak-US PRESSWIRE

According to Katie Strang, the tentative deal between the New York Rangers and Jason Arnott is off following a failed physical.

Just 24 hours after news broke that the New York Rangers had a tentative deal in place for free agent forward Jason Arnott, the deal is officially off of the table. The deal was rumored to be a one-year deal that would pay Arnott $1.6 million dollars for the remainder of the 2013 season. Arnott flew into New York City last night where he was scheduled to meet with Rangers team doctors.

According to Katie Strang of ESPN New York, Arnott was not cleared to play by team doctors, and has since left New York. It is not immediately known what cause the hold up during the physical, but it is believed to be linked to his off-season knee surgery following the 2011-2012 season.

Although the deal between the Rangers and Arnott is dead, this will not stop the Rangers from exploring deeper into the free agent market. John Tortorella stated after last night's game against the Toronto Maple Leafs that the Rangers were currently in discussions with several players on the market.

It is unknown which players they are talking to but for now, we'll just wait and see. Thoughts?