New York Rangers Injury Update: Ryan Callahan Out 10-14 Days With Shoulder Subluxation

Elsa

After Ranger fans around the world were holding their breath waiting for news on Ryan Callahan, it's been said that the captain will only miss a maximum of two weeks.

New York Rangers captain Ryan Callahan underwent an MRI late Wednesday afternoon for a left shoulder injury that he suffered last night in a tangle with Max Talbot. While many expected the injury to be major, it was actually the best-case scenario for the Rangers as Callahan is only expected to miss anywhere between 10-14 days with a shoulder subluxation.

According to a medical definition, a shoulder subluxation is similar to a shoulder dislocation, but it is only minor and temporary. To say the Rangers dodged a serious bullet here is quite the understatement. Had Callahan been seriously injured and missed a significant amount of time, it would have been a major blow to their roster. However, the Rangers will only be without the captain for the next few games, which is amazing news.

It is still unknown who the Rangers will insert into the lineup while Callahan is out. There was talk of possibly inserting Matt Gilroy into the lineup and use him up at forward. We will see though. For now though, thank god.