No Nash Update; Stuart Suspended

Ed Mulholland-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Good morning, folks. The Rangers were off today, and back on the ice tonight in Anaheim to face the Ducks. The team did not practice yesterday, but here are your morning notes.

After suffering one of the more lopsided defeats in recent memory, the Rangers held a closed door meeting directly following the San Jose game. [Blueshirts Blog]

Rangers fans may be able to find some solace in the announcement today that Brad Stuart was suspended three games by the NHL for the hit he delivered to Rick Nash during Tuesday's game. [Blueshirt Banter]

There is no update on Rick Nash yesterday, but with a chance to call up a player from the Hartford Wolfpack, the Rangers elected to stick with the group they have. [Rangers Rants] It's tough to really read too much into the team's decision not to make a move. Jesper Fast has been a healthy scratch the last two games, and take Nash's spot in the lineup if need be.

Some perspective on the Rangers lopsided San Jose loss, and what it means this early in the season. [New York Post]

Barry Melrose weighs in on whether the Rangers will be a better team under Alain Vigneault. [ESPN NY]

Yes, we're only three games into the season, but a comprehensive look at pending New York Rangers free agents. [Blueshirt Banter]

A primer on tonight's opponent. [Anaheim Calling]