Rangers Fall Again; Nash Returns to New York

Jeff Gross

Today's New York Rangers notes

No one said the beginning of the season was going to be easy. A nine-game road trip, beginning on the West coast, and the opponent proved worthy again last night as the Ducks handed the Rangers another lopsided loss 6-0. Here are your morning notes.

If you missed the action, here is a recap of the game. The Rangers fell behind early, and, again, never really found their game. [Blueshirt United]

After taking a hit to the head on Tuesday, and leaving the game, Rick Nash returned to New York yesterday, meaning he'll miss the rest of the West coast trip, which concludes Sunday in St. Louis. [ESPN NY]

With Nash returning to New York, the Rangers shuffled some lines a little bit, including restoring the once prominent pairing of Staal and Girardi. [Rangers Rants]

Call it a rebirth, a rejuvenation, or re-invigoration... call it whatever. But Brad Richards is off to a stellar start under the Alain Vigneault led Rangers. [Yahoo]

The Rangers and Flyers recently took different approaches to difficult coaching decisions. Why the Rangers' decisiveness might pay off. [Blueshirt Banter]

Many of you would rather not think about the San Jose game from earlier this week, but Joe Thornton had an interesting answer when a reporter asked a teammate if Tomas Hertl was showboating. [Daily News]