Rangers Vs. Ducks Recap: Well That Happened, Again

Jeff Gross

The New York Rangers were blown out for the second straight game, this time 6-0 by the Anaheim Ducks.

If you were expecting a better performance out the New York Rangers tonight, like I was, you were sorely disappointed once again. For the second straight game, the Rangers were blown out and there are tons of questions left to be answered. As I mentioned on Twitter earlier, not one single can be blamed for the lack of effort, every single player is responsible, even Henrik Lundqvist. By the way, what the heck was he doing on the third and fourth goal?

Either way, there weren't many positives aside from the Rangers finally preventing the Anaheim Ducks from scoring in the third period. The Rangers gave up three goals in the first period which were scored by Ryan Getzlaf, Jakob Silfverberg, and Daniel Winnik in that exact order.

The second period? Not much different. Anaheim piled on three more goals coming from Silfverberg (again), Saku Koivu, and Dustin Penner. The Rangers only decided to come and play during the third period, where they tossed 17 shots at Jonas Hiller which were easily turned away.

The Rangers will practice tomorrow in Anaheim, before they head off to take on the St. Louis Blues on Saturday night. Hopefully a completely different Rangers team shows up.