Apologies for being late with this... I've been busy losing my mind watching Rangers hockey. I am sure that you all understand. Turns out the Rangers aren't the only team in the Metropolitan Division that have one win or less through their first five games of the season. So that has to make you feel a little bit better... right? Let's turn our focus to our Metropolitan Division rivals and see what has unfolded in the first two weeks of the 2013-14 regular season. It's time to go inside the division.
- WSH: GIFS of the Week. | Mailbag: Erskine and Kuznetsov. | Caps claim Urbom. | Operation Save Wardo. | Goaltending Woes. | Early Questions Surrounding the Caps.
- NJD: Urbom Claimed by the Capitals. | Comments on NJD's Goaltending Duo. | Week One Prospect Update. | Michael Ryder has a nasty wrist shot. | Weekly Metropolitan Division Snapshot: Four teams with one win or less. | Big Hits.
- NYI: Zeitgeist: Flyers name Sly Stallone their Head Coach. | Nielsen Fined $5,000 for slash to Martin Hanzal. | Reinhart sent back to Juniors. | Kirill Kabonov sent to ECHL. | Big Hits. | Tavares Pulls Out His Own Tooth. | Isles Ready to go the Distance.
- PIT: What Happened to the Check Line? | Olympic Preview. | Unconventional Wisdom: GvT. | Olli Maatta becoming NHL ready. | Olli Maatta: Pittsburgh or London? | Did James Neal get hurt playing Wiffle Ball?
- PHI: Why the Flyers Fired the Wrong Guy. | Hartnell and Vinny Out with Injuries. | The double minor dilemma. | 76ers center Nerlens Noel Hates Sidney Crosby. | Prospect Check-Up. | Ed Snider calls criticism of the coaching change "Bullshit." | Lavi's handling of Couturier and Schenn called into question. | What kind of coach is Berube? | Why the Flyers fired Lavi so Quickly. | "Broad Street Bullies No More." | Timmonen's Regression.
- CAR: Big Hits. | Gerbe off to a Hot Start. | Canes Forming Own Tradition on and off the Ice. | Gerbe's comeback is fueled by personal tragedy. | Never Do This to Your Baby. Please.
- CBJ: Tapped In: Brandon Dubinsky. | On the Farm: Week One. | Big Hits. | Season Predictions from the Writers.
- Around the League and Life Links: Tapped In: Andrew Ference. | New York Rangers: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly. | The Legend of @Strombone1. | NHL Shootouts: Is it time for a change? | Canucks Score on Themselves. | Five Most Surprising Teams of the Season Thus Far. | Joe Thornton is a funny guy. | Why the Rangers are Terrible Right Now. | Jimmy Howard is Awesome. | Weekly dose of cute. | Blueshirts fan for 50 Made a photobucket account everyone on the Banter can use! What a nice guy. | BSB Meet-Up Becoming a Reality: Oct 24th! | Dear Mr. Watterson (Calvin and Hobbes Documentary). | Bill Burr. | The Hobbit 2: Official Trailer (I know, I'm a nerd).
In the Division
Those are your links for the week guys and gals! Have anything else you want to talk about? Hobbits? Calvin and Hobbes? How scary it would be if velociraptors were roaming around at night? Anything other than how bad the Rangers have been? Seriously, I can't read any more of the comments about how much the Rangers suck, why we should fire Alain Vigneault, and how much trouble we're in. Let's change the topic, for at least one thread, and talk about something else.
Share your links and off-topic shenanigans in the comments section below and let's talk hockey! Hopefully we'll see some better hockey out of our boys in blue in Washington on Wednesday. Maybe what the team needs is a few games to settle down and a day or two at home to recover from what was a brutal start to the season.
Let's go Rangers.