Rangers Slide Continues; Biron's Role

USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Happy Columbus Day, folks. One result from over the weekend, and the Rangers dropped a 5-3 game to a good, undefeated St. Louis team. It's tough to take positives from any loss, but the Rangers had some good moments. The captain Ryan Callahan scored his first and second goals of the season, Brad Richards once again found the back of the net, and the Rangers went 2-5 on the power play. The team has finally returned from the West coast swing, and will next face Washington on Wednesday. Here are your morning notes.

If you didn't watch Saturday night's game, Alain Vigneault lifted Martin Biron after the second period. Biron was making his first start of the season (his second appearance) and allowed four goals on 17 shots Saturday night. Now, the question is whether Biron can shoulder enough of the load this season. [Daily News]

In Hartford, J.T. Miller and Chris Kreider are making an impact for the Wolfpack. Miller scored again in a Hartford win on Saturday, his fourth goal in three games. [Hartford Wolfpack] With some of the Rangers young talent performing well, and the team struggling to find results, call-ups could come sooner rather than later.

No one on the Rangers is making any excuses regarding the team's less-than-stellar start. But returning to the East coast, the Rangers are hoping to turn things around. [Daily News]

A look inside the Atlantic Metropolitan Divison, as things currently stand. [Blueshirt Banter]

A lot of people asked if Tomas Hertl was showboating on his fourth goal against the Rangers and embarrassing the team when the Sharks blew out New York last week. Larry Brooks writes the Rangers embarrassed themselves. [New York Post]