New York Rangers News: Rick Nash Still Has Concussion Symptoms

Bruce Bennett

Alain Vigneault provided some updates on Rick Nash, and stated that he is still suffering from concussion-like symptoms.

Following this morning's practice, Alain Vigneault met with the media and provided some minor updates regarding the status of Rick Nash. Nash was absent from practice yet again this morning, and it has been noted that he will likely miss 7-10 days before returning to the ice, let alone a game.

Luckily for the New York Rangers, they have a light schedule coming up over the next week, so it will allow Nash some time to heal and get back on the ice as soon as he is symptom free. Nash has been sidelined with what is believed to be a concussion, after he took a hit to the head from Brad Stuart last Tuesday against the San Jose SharksStuart has since been suspended three games by the National Hockey League for his illegal check.

"He's still feeling symptoms, so until I hear otherwise I don't expect him back. With both Rick Nash and Carl Hagelin not being here we want to probably bring in a little bit more skill on our team. Those are the things we are going to discuss."

It's also interesting to hear Vigneault speak about bringing "more skill" to the lineup, which likely means that one of J.T. Miller, Chris Kreider, or Danny Kristo could be on their way to Broadway pretty soon. All three have had strong starts to the season down in Hartford, and with today's waiver placements it could be a very strong possibility.

Thoughts?