Miller and Talbot Likely In; Biron and Asham Out; Nash to IR

Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

It was a very busy Monday in New York Rangers news. If you missed it, the team made a few transactions—some more announced than others—and also was back on the ice for practice with their next game coming Wednesday in Washington. Here are your morning notes.

There was speculation on Martin Biron's ability to provide stable backup to Henrik Lundqvist in yesterday's notes. The team announced its opinion loud and clear, waiving Biron in addition to Arron Asham on Monday. [Blueshirt Banter]

While there's no timetable for his return, we did learn yesterday Rick Nash is still suffering concussion symptoms. [Blueshirt Banter] In any concussion-related incident, it's tough to assess anything until all symptoms subside.

To create an extra roster spot, Nash was move to free up an extra roster spot for Miller. Nash would still technically be available for Wednesday's game against the Capitals, but it's much more likely he won't play until after Saturday's game in New Jersey. [Rangers Rants] And while the team did not officially announce any transactions Tuesday, it's also expected that Cam Talbot will be recalled to take the place of Biron.

While there's been no official announcement from the team, J.T. Miller is listed on the Rangers website on the roster, and all indications are he's been recalled to take Nash's spot in the lineup. [Blueshirt Banter]

If Cam Talbot does get the call, here's to hoping he brings his mask with him. [Eye on Hockey]

The Rangers defensive corps has not been playing up the high standard it has set for itself, and Ryan McDonagh is taking some of the blame. [Daily News]

One of the (good) constants through the early part of the season has been Brad Richards, who has seemingly re-found his scoring touch. [New York Post]

The Rangers first nine games of the season will be on the road due to construction at Madison Square Garden. One of the big additions to the arena? Sky bridges. A sneak peak at what they look like. [ESPN NY]