Miller To Get A Shot; Del Zotto Sick

Victor Decolongon

Today's New York Rangers notes.

It was a busy Tuesday for the Rangers, who recalled two players from Hartford, were on the ice for practice, and had a few other newsworthy items. Here are your morning notes.

Michael Del Zotto, who reportedly has the flu, did not travel with the team to D.C. on Tuesday. While he could rejoin the club on Wednesday for its next game against the Capitals, it seems very unlikely. [New York Post]

It was speculated on Monday, but became official yesterday: Both J.T. Miller and Cam Talbot were called up, and practiced with the team in in Greensburgh. [Rangers Rants]

With the likes of Benoit Pouliot, Mats Zucarello, and Taylor Pyatt not finding the scoresheet, Alain Vigneault is putting the pressure on with Miller lurking. [Daily News]

Both Martin Brion and Arron Asham cleared waivers, meaning both players will be sent down to Hartford, although it was reported Biron is being "given time" to decide on his future. [Blueshirt Banter]

Cam Talbot is excited for the opportunity to be in the NHL, and also shocked by the move. [Blueshirts Blog]

A look at the teams who are getting the worst bang for their buck in the NHL. [Cap Geek]

It very much goes without saying, but in the midst of a sluggish streak, knowing how crucial earnings points is at every stage of the season, the Rangers are looking to get back on track quickly. [ESPN NY]

And if you're looking to keep things a bit more in perspective, (a brighter perspective) why the Rangers start could be much worse than it is. [The Record]