Rangers Vs. Capitals Preview: Bring On The East

USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers are finally back on the East Coast for the first time this season, and will face-off against the Washington Capitals tonight at 8:00 PM.

After starting out the season on the West Coast, the New York Rangers are back in the Eastern Time Zone, and will finally play a game against an Eastern Conference opponent. The West hasn't been so friendly to the Rangers thus far, as they return with a disappointing 1-4 record, two of which were complete blowouts. The Capitals are in a similar situation, as their start has been on par with the Rangers.

The Rangers are still without Rick Nash, and Carl Hagelin as they continue to nurse their respective injuries. They'll also be without Michael Del Zotto tonight too, as he is battling flu-like symptoms, and will be scratched for tonight's game.

The full lineup for the game can be found below.

VS. Was

New York Rangers (1-4-0) vs Washington Capitals (2-4-0)
Verizon Center - Washington, DC - 8:00 PM
Television: NBC Sports Network | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: Japers' Rink

Rangers Projected Lineup:

Brad Richards - Derick Brassard - Ryan Callahan
Taylor Pyatt - Brian Boyle - Jesper Fast
Benoit Pouliot - Derek Stepan - Mats Zuccarello
J.T. Miller - Dominic Moore - Derek Dorsett

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Justin Falk

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches: Rick Nash (concussion), Carl Hagelin (shoulder), Michael Del Zotto (flu).

Capitals Projected Lineup:

Marcus Johansson - Nicklas Backstrom - Alex Ovechkin
Brooks Laich - Mikhail Grabovski - Troy Brouwer
Jason Chimera - Eric Fehr - Joel Ward
Martin Erat - Jay Beagle - Tom Wilson

Karl Alzner - Mike Green
Alexander Urbom - John Carlson
Nate Schmidt - Steve Oleksy

Braden Holtby
Michal Neuvirth

Scratches: John Erskine (upper body), Jack Hillen (leg).