Rangers Vs. Devils Preview: Rangers Eye First Win Streak of The Season

USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers will have their second Metropolitan match up of the week as they face-off against the New Jersey Devils tonight at 7:00 PM.

After coming out of Washington with two well deserved points, the New York Rangers will shift that attention to the New Jersey Devils tonight, starting at 7:00 PM. Wednesday's victory came with a major loss though, as Ryan Callahan is expected to miss the next 3-4 weeks with a broken thumb. Due to Callahan's injury, Alain Vigneault was forced to shuffle around his lines, which now includes Taylor Pyatt, and J.T. Miller in top-six roles.

The Devils will also be icing a shorthanded lineup, as Patrik Elias will likely miss tonight's game with flu-like symptoms, and Damien Brunner will be a game-time decision due to a shoulder injury. The Devils have also elected to scratch both Adam Larsson, and Andrei Loktionov.

The full lineups for both teams can be found below.

VS. Njd

New York Rangers (2-4-0) vs New Jersey Devils (0-4-3)
Prudential Center - Newark, NJ - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG, MSG+ | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: In Lou We Trust

Rangers Projected Lineup:

Taylor Pyatt - Derick Brassard - Brad Richards
J.T. Miller - Derek Stepan - Mats Zuccarello
Benoit Pouliot - Brian Boyle - Derek Dorsett
Darroll Powe - Dominic Moore - Jesper Fast

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Justin Falk

Henrik Lundqvist
Jason Missiaen

Scratches: Rick Nash (concussion), Carl Hagelin (shoulder), Ryan Callahan (hand), Michael Del Zotto (healthy).

Devils Projected Lineup:

Rostislav Olesz - Adam Henrique - Jaromir Jagr
Mattias Tedenby - Travis Zajac - Michael Ryder
Dainius Zubrus - Jacob JosefsonDamien Brunner
Ryan Carter - Stephen Gionta - Steve Bernier

Bryce Salvador - Marek Zidlicky
Andy Greene - Mark Fayne
Anton Volchenkov - Peter Harrold

Cory Schneider
Martin Brodeur

Scratches: Patrik Elias (flu), Ryane Clowe (head), Adam Larsson (healthy), Andrei Loktionov (healthy)