New York Rangers News: Martin Biron Announces His Retirement

Timothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Spor

Martin Biron officially announced his retirement today, and will moving on to the next chapter is his life.

According to New York Rangers, Martin Biron has officially announced his retirement from the National Hockey League after 16 seasons. Biron has been spending the last several days back at home in Buffalo, where he was deciding his next move with his family. His two options were to either retire, or report to the Hartford Wolfpack of the American Hockey League, and he chose what was best for his family.

This is not only a sad day for the New York Rangers, but the NHL as well. Biron was well liked wherever he went, and was just an outstanding gentleman. I, for one, am glad that he was able to call Madison Square Garden his home for the last four years. He solidified his role as a serviceable backup, and was always fun to watch.

We here at Blueshirt Banter would like to offer our congratulations to Martin Biron on an outstanding career, and wish him the best of luck in the next chapter of his life.

Biron finishes his career 56th all-time with 230 wins, 2.62 GAA, .910 SV%, and 28 career shutouts.

SB Nation Featured Video