New York Rangers News: Chris Kreider, Cam Talbot and Brandon Mashinter Recalled

Jared Wickerham

The New York Rangers have recalled Chris Kreider, Brandon Mashinter, and Cam Talbot from the Hartford Wolfpack.

According to Steve Zipay of Newsday, the New York Rangers have officially recalled  Chris Kreider, Brandon Mashinter, and Cam Talbot from the Hartford Wolfpack of the American Hockey League. This was one of the many moves the Rangers have made today, which also included the demotions of Darroll Powe, and Jason Missiaen earlier this afternoon.

The Rangers are coming off of a very disappointing 4-0 loss to the New Jersey Devils last night, and are in desperate need of some offense. They are currently fighting the injury bug as Rick Nash, Ryan Callahan, and Carl Hagelin are all sidelined with injuries, which equates to an entire top-six line.

Kreider has appeared in all six games with the Hartford Wolfpack this season, and has tallied two goals, and two assists. He will likely be relied on heavily to provide the Rangers with some offensive spark, along with some speed and skill. As far as Mashinter goes, they will likely turn to him for his physical presence. They lost some of that with Ryan Callahan, and it simply cannot be replaced.

The Rangers have the next three days off before they head into Philadelphia to take on the Flyers.

SB Nation Featured Video