Inside the Division: 10/21 The Weakest Division in the League? Yep.

We all suck together! - Drew Hallowell

Everybody is bad at hockey! ...except the Penguins... and the Canes (kinda).

Well, through seven games the Rangers have just two wins but thankfully they aren't the only team in the Metropolitan Division that is playing awful hockey. Let's have a quick look at what other teams in the Metropolitan Division have done through October 20th.

Team

GP

OT

PTS

Penguins

8

7

1

0

14

Hurricanes

9

4

2

3

11

Islanders

8

3

3

2

8

Capitals

8

3

5

0

6

Blue Jackets

8

3

5

0

6

Devils

7

1

4

3

5

Rangers

7

2

5

0

4

Flyers

8

1

7

0

2

As bad as things are for Rangers fans it could be worse... we could be Flyers fans! In all seriousness, the Rangers having company in the "playing hockey like drunk chimpanzees" club is a good thing. It should make you all feel a little bit better but make no mistake, after we put October in the rear-view mirror the Rangers are going to need to start climbing their way into one of the top four spots in the division. If that doesn't happen by the end of November we can all officially start throwing things out of windows, flipping cars, running around in the streets, and enjoying a nice, zesty panic together. Zombie Apocalypse without the zombies... there will probably still be cannibalism and shotguns.

Now that we've got that out of the way, let's go ahead and turn our focus to the rest of the division and see what storylines are emerging as teams are nearing playing one-eighth of their games in the regular season.

In the Division

Columbus Blue Jackets- The Cannon

Carolina Hurricanes- Canes Country

Washington Capitals- Japer's Rink

Pittsburgh Penguins- Pensburgh

New York Islanders- Lighthouse Hockey

Philadelphia Flyers- Broadstreet Hockey

New Jersey Devils- In Lou We Trust

Well there you go guys and gals, those are your links for the week. Bryan did a wonderful job sending off Martin Biron but I wanted to echo his sentiments and thank Marty for his time in New York and for being a class act on and off the ice. Enjoy your retirement and spending more time with the wife and kids Marty.

So what do you think of how awful the Metropolitan Division is? Is it scary how well the Penguins are doing without Neal and Letang? When will the Rangers win two games in a row? Thoughts on Kreider getting called up? On Biron's retirement? Why is everyone getting injured?

Have any hockey links or off topic stuff you want to talk about about? This is the place to do it! Have at in the comments guys and gals.

LGR.