Kreider In The Mix; Vigneault Sets The Tone

Bob DeChiara-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

The Rangers were on the ice Monday for practice, and aren't back in action until Thursday when they travel to Philadelphia to face the Flyers. It's a long game-layoff for the team, so here are your morning notes.

Alain Vigneault put the Rangers through a difficult practice Monday, setting the tone for the week. [ESPN NY]

Many fans have been clamoring for Chris Kreider to get the call from Hartford. Now that he's been recalled, there's certainly been a lot written about him. A few takes from Monday.

- Why the Rangers need Kreider to prove himself now. [Daily News]

- After going through practice on Monday, Vigenault thought Kreider looked sharp. [ESPN NY]

- Henrik Lundqvist was given a day off from practice Monday, which was labeled a "maintenance day." [Rangers Rants]

- Kreider is back in the NHL, but is no savior for the Rangers. [New York Post]

The Rangers are going through some system changes under Vigneault, giving the defensemen more responsibility and putting them in the spotlight. [Blueshirt Banter]

After being passed over for the Rangers' head coaching job, Mark Messier holds no ill-feelings toward the team. [New York Post]

A look inside the Metropolitan Division, which isn't doing so well. [Blueshirt Banter]