Lundqvist Questionable For Flyers; Tortorella Mum On Rangers

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Good morning folks. The Rangers were on the ice again Tuesday for practice, and there were a number stories from Greensburg and elsewhere. Here are your morning notes.

The biggest story from Tuesday was the absence of Henrik Lundqvist from practice. Listed as 'day-to-day,' Lundqvist is questionable for Thursday's game against the Flyers with what the team said was a "minor injury." [Rangers Rants] On the one hand, if Lundqvist was suffering from something, it could explain his sub-part start. But on the other hand, any injury he may have sustained is extremely concerning to the Rangers, as Lundqvist has arguably been the most valuable player to his team in the league that past few seasons.

With Chris Kreider in the fold, the Rangers juggled lines and power play unites in Tuesday's practice. [Blueshirt Blog]

John Tortorella returned to New York last night when his Canucks traveled to Nassau Coliseum to play the Islanders. But when asked about the Rangers early season struggles, Tortorella wanted no part of it. [New York Post]

On yesterday's Marek vs. Wyshynski podcast, the special guest was none other than former Rangers backup goaltender and the recently retired Martin Biron. [Puck Daddy]

A numbers breakdown behind Mats Zuccarello's slow start. [Blueshirt Banter]

It's early in the season, and the Rangers are certainly facing an uphill battle. Are they in the trade market? [Blueshirt Banter]

We know Tortorella was tight-lipped in his return to New York. According to Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis, Tortorella has been quieter and calmer in his new role. [Eye on Hockey]