New York Rangers News: Cam Talbot Will Make His NHL Debut Tomorrow

Ed Mulholland-USA TODAY Sports

Henrik Lundqvist is expected to miss tomorrow night's game with a minor injury, which means Cam Talbot will be making his NHL debut.

According to Andrew Gross of The Record, Henrik Lundqvist will not dress for tomorrow night's game against the Philadelphia Flyers, which means Cam Talbot will be making his NHL debut. Jason Missiaen is expected to be recalled from the Hartford Wolfpack, and will serve as Talbot's backup tomorrow night. Both goalies combined have zero NHL experience throughout their career's, so it will be interesting to see how the Rangers rally around Talbot.

Joe pointed out the other day that the Rangers needed some sort of shakeup, in order to yank themselves out of this funk. Maybe the whole "not having Lundqvist" in net tomorrow night is just what the Rangers needed. They have a young goaltender who is playing his first NHL game, and everyone will need to be on point.

There hasn't been an official diagnoses of Lundqvist's injury, but Alain Vigneault did confirm that it's very "minor", and won't have any long-term affects on his game. Another interesting point that was brought up by AV, was that Henrik has apparently been suffering from this injury for at least a week and a half. That might explain Lundqvist's sluggish start to the season, and why he hasn't been Lundqvist-like for the last few games.

Either way, tomorrow night will be very interesting for the Rangers, as they either break out of their slump, or continue to free fall.

Thoughts?