Talbot To Start Tonight Against Flyers; Richards On Kreider's Impact

Jim McIsaac

Today's New York Rangers notes.

It's been four days, but the Rangers are finally back in action tonight, as the team is in Philadelphia to take on the last-place Flyers. We learned a lot about some lineup adjustments on Wednesday, so here are your morning notes.

With Henrik Lundqvist battling his "minor injury" Cam Talbot will make his NHL debut tonight in Philadelphia. [Blueshirt Banter] And while both the team and goalie still haven't revealed what this minor injury is, Lundqvist took to Twitter yesterday to address what he's been going through.

Other lineup changes for tonight's game include the reinsertion of Michael Del Zotto, who will most likely occupy Justin Falk's spot on the blue line, and, of course, the '13-'14 debut of Chris Kreider. Brad Richards provided some insight into why Kreider may have had trouble during training camp, and what he needs to do now. [Rangers Rants]

With all the problems the Rangers have struggled with early in the season, head coach Alain Vigneault put effort at the top of the list. [New York Post]

In a "tale of two cities" or maybe two teams story, John Tortorella and the Canucks are winning while Vigneault and the Rangers are trying to find their stride. [Daily News]

While Tortorella's return to New York resulted in a 5-4 overtime win over the Islanders, it was a postgame moment that might have drawn the biggest smile from the former Rangers coach. [New York Times]