With Evan Sporer writing his daily Morning Notes I almost feel like me doing this weekly installment is unnecessary but I'm just going to go ahead and do it anyway and let Evan focus on the Rangers-related links. I'll stick to pictures of kitties, quotes by my favorite stand-up comics, and I guess some stories and analysis from inside the Metropolitan Division. To be honest with you guys I'd really prefer just posting silly and adorable pictures but I suppose we have to have some hockey sprinkled in there seeing how this place is a "hockey blog"... most of the time.
Here are your links for the week guys and gals. Enjoy!
- WSH: Three Big Questions for the Capitals. | EmilyB from Japer's Rink Ran with the Olympic Torch... Kinda. | Caps Trade Mathieu Perreault to the Ducks. | Why Can't the Caps Score on the 5 on 3? | Grabovski buries a hat trick and picks up an assist in his Caps Debut. | Pensburgh's Caps Preview. | Puck Daddy's Capitals Season Preview.
- NJD: Three Big Questions for the Devils. | Hockey is Here! (Includes Links to all ILWT Season Preview Pieces). | Devils Trade goon Krys Barch to the Panthers. | Who Makes Way for Patty? | Game One Preview. | NHL 94. | The Hockeye Writerse Qe & Ae withe Ryane Clowe. | The Hockey Writers Season Preview of the Devils.
- NYI: Three Big Questions for the Islanders. | Final Cuts for the Isles. | Predictions for the 2013-14 NHL Season. | NHL 94. | Okposo and AMac get A's. | Tim Thomas signs one-year deal in Florida.
- PIT: Three Big Questions for the Penguins. | NHL 94. | Pens Complete Salary Cap Jockeying. | Scary Stuff: Tomas Vokoun Out 3-6 Months. | Prospect Update: October Edition.
- PHI: Three Big Questions for the Flyers. | Flyers have a new goal song and it's dynamite. | Season Preview: Luke Schenn ready for another step forward? | Jay Rosehill can't play hockey but he's on the roster. | Vegas thinks Coach Laviolette will be the first coach to go. | Flyers sign veteran Hal Gill to a one-year deal. | Season Preview: What does Timmonen have Left in the Tank? | Season Preview: Brayden Schenn's Breakout Has to Come Now. | Season Preview: What to Expect from Matt Read's Third Year. | The Hockey Writer's Season Preview for the Flyers.
- CAR: Three Big Questions for the Hurricanes. | NHL 94. | Canes Deal Dalpe and Welsh to the Canucks. | Is Fighting in the NHL Necessary? | Hurricanes sign former Ranger Radek Dvorak to a one-year deal. | The Burden of Guaranteed Contracts (and the mismanagement of Canes prospects).
- CBJ: Three Big Questions for 'Lumbus. | The Future is now for Boone Jenner. | 2013-14 Columbus Roster: Locked and Loaded. | NHL 94. | Behold the horror that is the Arty Party. | Bob's new mask. | Why Dubi Should be the Next CBJ Captain.
- Life Links: Blueshirt Banter's Favorite Geriatric Member Tony Viola is organized an "Unofficial Meet Up". Go check it out you savages. | Mitch Hedberg. | Play NHL 14 with Banterers that have PS3. | Or play with those that have Xbox 360s. | Blueshirts Monthly is live! | "You fellas let me know if you need any help." | The Hockey News ranks teams by conference. | The Thirst for Blood and Defending Hockey's Code. | Patrick Roy has rage issues. | Otters are awesome. | Torts and Vigneault pull their teams in different directions.
In the Division
Well those are your links for the week guys and gals! There are a lot of good reads in there to satisfy your lust for hockey before the puck drops tonight in the desert. Please make sure to spread the word about Blueshirts Monthly and tell everyone you know about it and please check out Tony's Blueshirt Banter Jamboree. Have any non-Rangers hockey stories you want to talk about? How about Kessel's new contract? Or Ference the new captain in Edmonton? How scary is Vokoun's situation? Have at it in the comments gang.
Regular season hockey is finally here. Only one thing left to say...
Let's. Go. Rangers.