Rangers Vs. Coyotes: Rangers Kick Off The Regular Season In Arizona

Christian Petersen

The New York Rangers will kickoff their 2013-2014 regular season tonight as they meet up with the Phoenix Coyotes.

The New York Rangers will kickoff the 2013-2014 regular season tonight as they meet up with the Phoenix Coyotes. After a very poor showing in the preseason, the Blueshirts are ready for a fresh start under new head coach Alain Vigneault. Tonight will be the first real test for the Rangers, as they are without captain Ryan Callahan, and speedy winger Carl Hagelin.

Due to their absences, youngsters J.T. Miller and Jesper Fast were given a shot on the opening night roster, and they will be on full display tonight. While Fast will be making his NHL debut, Miller will be getting his second go around with the Rangers. He was a mid-season call up for the Rangers during the lockout shortened season. but due to a nagging wrist injury, his season was over in late March. He'll get his first shot at redemption tonight in Phoenix.

Henrik Lundqvist is expected to get the start for the Rangers, while Mike Smith will be between the pipes for the Coyotes.

VS. Pho

New York Rangers (0-0-0) vs Phoenix Coyotes (0-0-0)
Jobing.com Arena - Glendale, AZ - 10:00 PM
Television: MSG | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Five For Howling | Tickets: New York Rangers Tickets

Projected Lineup:

Brad Richards - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - Mats Zuccarello
Taylor Pyatt - Brian Boyle - Jesper Fast
J.T. Miller - Dominic Moore - Derek Dorsett

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Michael Del Zotto
John Moore - Anton Stralman

Henrik Lundqvist