New York Rangers News: Ryan Callahan Will Return Against Los Angeles

Anthony Gruppuso-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers will have their captain back on Monday night against the Los Angeles Kings.

According to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News, New York Rangers captain Ryan Callahan will be returning to the lineup on Monday against the Los Angeles Kings. Barring any setbacks this weekend, Alain Vigneault confirmed at practice that Callahan will be making his season debut in their next game. Obviously this is some huge news, as the Rangers were originally expecting Callahan to be out for the first several weeks of the season.

It's pretty hard to replace Ryan Callahan in the lineup so having him back, especially against the Kings, will be a blessing. The Rangers were stagnant on their forecheck last night, which Callahan will help quite a bit. During practice he was paired up with Brian Boyle, and Taylor Pyatt, which will likely be used as the Rangers shutdown line.

There will likely be a roster move made over the next 24 or 48 hours as the Rangers prepare for Callahan's return. Unfortunately, I'd assume Jesper Fast will be sent back to the Hartford Wolfpack, where he will get top-six minutes, and some much needed time to round out his game. He received sheltered minutes from AV last night, so this move would be the best fit for both the Rangers and Fast.

We'll continue to update more as we hear it.

Thoughts?

In This Article

Teams
Players