Rangers Lose Big To Sharks; Nash Leaves With Injury

Thearon W. Henderson

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Well folks, when it rains it pours. After taking an early 1-0 lead on the strength of a Brad Richards 5-on-3 goal, the Rangers did about nothing else right en route to a 9-2 shellacking at the hands of the Sharks. And just like the sky wasn't falling after the Rangers dropped their opener in Phoenix, the season isn't over after another lopsided loss. It was the second game of a back-to-back, and against a good San Jose team. Without further ado, here are your morning notes.

A seven goal loss really doesn't need much else explaining, but some recaps on last night's debacle. [Blueshirts United] [Daily News]

Possibly bigger than any scoreline was Rick Nash leaving the game after taking a check to the head. [SB Nation] Nash suffered a concussion last year after taking a hit from Milan Lucic. And no one needs to be preached on the severity of recurring concussions.

If you do want to draw any positives from last night's game, Brad Richards once again found the back of the net. A look at his power play goal. [NHL]

An inopportune time to post this, fittingly with the inopportune time his injury came about, but the performance Nash put in against the Kings two nights ago is what the Rangers are looking for out of their top forward. [Daily News]

Gotta show respect where respect is do. Tomas Hertl, playing in his second career NHL game, at the tender age of 19, having already scored two goals in his first career game, not only scored four goals against the Rangers last night, but put on the best move I've seen since Marek Malik. [NHL]