Lundqvist, Rangers Blank Sabres; Ryan Callahan Injury Update

Elsa

Today's New York Rangers notes.

It might have taken a little longer than some had hoped for, but the Rangers are finally on their first win-streak of the season, after defeating the Sabres Thursday night. With three more consecutive games at home, now is as good a time as any for the Rangers to get rolling. Here are your morning notes.

While the Rangers won by a score of 2-0, the rest of the stats really tell the story. New York outshot the Sabres by a wide 46-29 gap. The shot total was a season-high for the team. Chris Kreider once again found the back of the net, and the Rangers power play continued to be effective, with Derick Brassard scoring on a man-up situation. And to top it all off, Henrik Lundqvist was up to his old tricks in net, recording his second shutout of the season, and the 47th of his career. Some recaps of the action. [Blueshirt Banter] [Daily News] [ESPN NY] [Blueshirts United]

In news that should comfort many Rangers fans, Ryan Callahan was back on the ice skating in a non-contact jersey Thursday, and will reportedly be back in the lineup in a week to 10 days. [NY Post]

Dominic Moore suffered a strained oblique in Tuesday night's game against the Islanders, and will also reportedly be sidelined for a week to 10 days. [Rangers Rants]

Brandon Mashinter took Moore's spot in the lineup, and even without John Scott or Patrick Kaleta (both suspended) to mix it up with, Mashinter still found a dancing partner. [Hockey Fights]

With the Rangers finally putting things together, the team will need its ace goaltender to really turn things around. [Daily News]

After having to earn his way back into the NHL, Kreider looks like a player ready to make good on his potential. [NY Post]

The Rangers and Bruins will lock horns on November 29th in the league's annual Thanksgiving Showdown. In the first promo for the matchup, a former Ranger great makes an appearance. [NESN]