Rangers Push Streak To Three; Nash Continues To Skate

Mats Zuccarello's 'Movember' mustache is in full, and the Rangers forward scored a crucial 5-on-3 goal Sunday night. - Maddie Meyer

Today's New York Rangers notes.

While one streak ended, another prevailed. For the first time in their last 10 games, the Rangers surrendered more than two goals. On the bright(er) side, the team continued its winning streak, matching its longest one of the season to date, defeating the Florida Panthers 4-3 for its third straight. The Rangers dominated play at times, while certainly giving Florida too much time and space during others. But the Rangers have now won three of their last four, six of their last seven, and seven of their last nine, all impressive stats for a team that continues to forge forward. Here are your morning notes.

When Taylor Pyatt went down with a concussion, the one thing I took away was it meant more chances for J.T. Miller. On Sunday night, Miller scored his first goal of the season, and arguably the prettiest goal the team has netted all year. Goals from Derek Dorsett, Brad Richards, and Mats Zuccarello (power play) gave the Rangers the offense they needed. And for the first time all season, the Rangers are above .500. Some recaps from the action. [Blueshirt Banter] [Blueshirts United] [The Record] [ESPN NY] [Daily News]

The biggest news from this weekend was that Rick Nash has resumed skating, and said he has been symptom free after doing so. [Blueshirt Banter]

A few Nash thoughts. There is no timetable on his return, nor should there be. Nash should be given as much time as he needs to get 100 percent healthy, and then given some more time on top of that. One interesting thing to note. Glen Sather is not someone who would misspeak to the media. When he mentioned Nash's need for conditioning over the weekend, it pointed toward the fact that Nash has most likely been cleared. In concussion protocol, you can't resume conditioning until you pass a baseline test. So, maybe it's reading a bit between the lines, but in short, these are all positive signs.

If you didn't watch Sunday night's game, the Rangers held on late with the Panthers on a 6-on-4 power play in the closing seconds, thanks to a Chris Kreider penalty. While there's been no official word yet, the play looked like it could be worthy of supplemental discipline. [Rangers Rants]

After another impressive performance last week, Cam Talbot was given high praise from Henrik Lundqvist. [NY Post]

Some more on Talbot: Alain Vigneault said he wants the backup to play 15-22 games. [NY Post]

While Mark Messier was passed up for the Rangers head coaching job, he's still making his presence felt in the New York hockey scene. [Daily News]

Eric Lindros should be in the Hall of Fame, writes Larry Brooks. [NY Post]

More from Blueshirt Banter: