Inside the Division: 11/12 We Don't Suck Anymore?

Hank doing his famous "I'm a chimp!" impersonation for the kids. - Maddie Meyer

Rangers surge into third place behind the Penguins and Caps and the rest of the division continues to wallow in the stinky mud of bad hockey.

The Rangers are above the .500 mark and are nipping at the heels of the Washington Capitals to take second place in the division. The big news inside the division this week includes Thomas Vanek being injured, Claude Giroux finally scoring his first goal, and more trade rumors than you can shake a stick at. The Canes, Devils, Islanders, Blue Jackets, and the Flyers are continuing to struggle and remain below the .500 mark which means that the Metropolitan Division remains the worst division in the league.

Let's take a quick look at the standings as of today and then jump right into your links for the week!

TEAM

GP

OTL

Penguins

17

11

6

0

22

Capitals

18

9

8

1

19

Rangers

17

9

8

0

18

Hurricanes

17

6

7

4

16

Devils

17

5

7

5

15

Islanders

18

6

9

3

15

Blue Jackets

16

6

10

0

12

Flyers

16

5

10

1

11

Those are your links for the week guys and gals. Nash apparently is on the road to recovery, the Rangers are finally winning games in spurts and are putting pucks into the net, and the team is officially above the .500 mark. Not too bad huh? It sure is nice to put October in the rearview mirror and have a team that is finally starting to look comfortable with the new system.

Please use this as your open thread for the day and talk about whatever you want to talk about, especially if it has to do with hockey. Have any interesting hockey links to share with us? Have any interesting internet goodies that aren't NSFW or inappropriate that you want to share with us? Share them with us in the comments section! Be good to each other and stay warm.

Let's go Rangers.

More from Blueshirt Banter: