Lundqvist And Brodeur Set For Another Matchup; Biron To The Studio; Dominic Moore Back Saturday?

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

In the midst of a three-game winning streak, and having won six of their last seven games, the Rangers are going to try to keep the momentum going Tuesday night as the play host to New Jersey. The team was off on Monday, but practiced in advance of the Metropolitan Division showdown. To get ready for Tuesday night's action, here are your morning notes.

Rick Nash skated again on Monday in Greenburgh, for what was his the third straight day on the ice. While the injured Rangers all-star has yet to participate in a practice with the team yet since his injury against the Sharks on October 8, he's taking steps in the right direction. [ESPN NY]

Martin Brodeur is coming off two consecutive shutouts. Henrik Lundqvist has been playing stellar hockey since he returned from an early season injury. The two goaltenders have always played incredibly competitive games against each other. Tuesday night's matchup versus the Devils in Madison Square Garden could prove to be a good, old fashioned, low-scoring affair. [NY Post]

After a late hit on Scottie Upshall that drew a penalty, and some thought he might face supplemental discipline, Chris Kreider explained his actions from late in Sunday night's game against the Panthers. Also, Alain Vigneault said he expects Dominic Moore to return on Saturday against the Canadiens. [Rangers Rants]

It took 17 games, but the Rangers are finally above the .500 mark. [NY Post]

Coming to a television near you! After retiring earlier this season, Martin Biron has joined MSG Network as a studio analyst. [Daily News]

If Kreider continues to play with this new found edge, he's going to need to back it up. [NY Post]

More from Blueshirt Banter: