Devils Halt Rangers Streak; Nash To Return To Practice

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

For the second time this season, the Rangers pushed a winning-streak up to three games. And for the second time this season, the Rangers were unable to get a fourth win in that streak, as the New York fell to the Devils Tuesday night in a 3-2 loss. The Rangers never led on Tuesday night, and New Jersey outshot the Rangers in Madison Square Garden 35-28. Here are your morning notes.

There were certainly some positives to take away from Tuesday night's loss. After Alain Vigneault charged the Rangers defensemen to pitch in more offensively, they've done so, and Dan Girardi and Marc Staal both found the back of the net against the Devils. Chris Kreider had another strong game, assisting on both goals, giving him nine points in his last eight games. Henrik Lundqvist let in a weak goal, and the Rangers simply didn't do enough to get two points. Here are some recaps of the divisional tilt. [Blueshirt Banter] [Daily News] [ESPN NY] [NY Post] [Blueshirts United]

Rick Nash skated again on Tuesday, and will participate in his first practice on Wednesday since going down with a concussion on October 8. [Rangers Rants]

As Nash continues his comeback, more and more about the process is being revealed. On Tuesday, Nash disclosed that doctors say they so no long-term effects of his latest concussion, something he termed "the best news." [Daily News]

Inside the Metropolitan Division, where the Rangers are slowly rising in the ranks. [Blueshirt Banter]

At the crux of the Rangers-Devils rivalry is an emphasis of homegrown talent. [NY Post]

More from Blueshirt Banter: