The New York Rangers took to the ice this morning as they prepare to take on the Montreal Canadiens this upcoming Saturday. There was some good news during the skate as Rick Nash returned to practice for the first time since his head injury.
- Rick Nash skated in a yellow non-contact jersey during today's practice, as he is yet to be cleared for full contact. It's not all that surprising to hear Nash hasn't been cleared as he continues to move along the recovery process. As Andrew Gross notes, this is considered standard procedure given that Nash is returning from a head injury.
- Dominic Moore was also practicing with the forwards today, and he will likely return to the lineup on Saturday against the Canadiens. Moore missed the last few games with a strained oblique, and has slowly been working himself back into shape.
- Both Ryan Callahan and Anton Stralman were absent from practice today, which the Rangers officially deemed as maintenance days. Alain Vigneault confirmed after practice that there is no issue, and both of them are set to practice on Friday.
More from Blueshirt Banter:
- Rangers Vs. Devils: Another Backup Goaltender Shuts Down The Rangers
- Devils Halt Rangers Streak; Nash To Return To Practice
- Rangers Vs. Devils Recap: Late Goal Comes Back To Bite Rangers
- Rangers Vs. Devils: Rangers Look For Redemption Against Devils