Rick Nash Returns To Practice; Vigneault Pulls No Punches On "Routine Save"

Maddie Meyer

Today's New York Rangers notes.

After falling to the Devil's Tuesday night at home, the Rangers hit the ice Wednesday for practice in preparation for Saturday's matchup with the Canadiens. There was one very encouraging story out of practice, while most of the players lamented on Tuesday night's divisional loss. Here are your morning notes.

There have been a few events this year that were long-awaited. The Rangers home opener (which came in the 10th game of the season), the team finally finding its way above the .500 mark (17 games in), and, on Wednesday, Rick Nash finally returned to practice after a month-long plus hiatus after suffering a concussion in early October. Participating in a yellow non-contact jersey, the Rangers top forward made another big step in his comeback. [Blueshirt Banter]

A day after the Rangers lost to the Devils by a goal, Alain Vigneault called the second tally Henrik Lundqvist allowed a "routine save." [ESPN NY]

While Lundqvist was 'ok' with his coach's criticism, he also chose to point out a defensive breakdown when speaking on Wednesday about the play. [NY Post]

Mats "don't call me Sean Avery" Zuccarello was in the thick of the action Tuesday night versus the Devils, including right in the crease of Martin Broduer. [NY Post]

The scene at Madison Square Garden has changed over the past two decades, but there has been one constant: the stellar play of Broduer. [NY Post]

More from Blueshirt Banter: