FanPost

The name on the back is a helluva lot more difficult than the one on the front! ...and other thoughts

Good evening Banterers.......this is gonna be a long one I'm afraid... Too often I find myself reading the threads long after the comments have stopped, and very often I don't participate because you've already moved on. My schedule has me watching most games on DVR at one to three am, and catching up on the banter sometimes 24 hours after that. That being said, I feel like I know you guys...Moshe, Anthony, MikeNJ, Hoggo, Dig, Joe...I have never been more mentally involved with people who don't know me as I am with y'all....your insight and knowledge is second to none, and thanks to this site I no longer have to read a newspaper or watch pre-game/post-game shows any longer. Your combined analysis is best. Okay, ass-kissing disclaimers out of the way...to my point.... Last year I asked for a Rick Nash jersey. I did not get it. My family is cruel and unusual, and they think my two-year old daughter deserves the bulk of the presents, rather than a 37 year old man. The nerve. HA! Imagine if I'd spent the ~$200, only to see Nash get knocked out once again with a head injury. Let's face it, he's coming back soon but how much confidence do we really have that his next big hit won't be his last? In 1992, when I got my first jersey: GRAVES #9, it was a different world. Athletes stayed on teams longer, and they weren't doing this much damage to one another. My Lundqvist jersey is going on five years old, the King himself has been here for 9, and if all goes well he'll remain a Ranger for life. But other than that, how many players can you confidently put on your back and say, they'll be here for ten years? Between the concussion epidemic and free agency, the days of personalizing jerseys may be over. I want another jersey though, dammit!? So right now, who would you guys put on the back of your new jersey? The nominations are in the poll, but aside from obvious ones like Nash and Callahan, Stepan and Staal, I really am leaning toward Ryan McDonagh, even Carl Hagelin...that blazing speed and his newfound scoring knack in the AV system (and those amazing blue eyes)...then there's the Kreidsdale...is it too soon? Could he regress and fizzle out? And then there's the dark horse...Derek Dorsett..could he be this generation's Wendel Clark? Will he be here long enough and can he be the beast I envision him to be in the playoffs, a place he hasn't really ever set foot? What do you guys think? FINAL POINT: I think hybrid icing is complete horseshit. Disrupts game flow, causes hesitant calls by the linesmen, and these young men are still belting each other with elbows to the face, and faces to the glass. Thanks for reading.......share your thoughts, please!