Rangers Vs. Bruins Preview: Last Year's Playoff Matchup Revisited

Bruce Bennett

The New York Rangers will meet up with the Boston Bruins for the first time this season, since facing them in the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The New York Rangers will welcome a familiar face back to the lineup tonight as Rick Nash makes his first appearance in 17 games. Nash was cleared to play on Sunday, and decided that today would be the day that he returns to the lineup. He'll likely getting some sheltered minutes from Alain Vigneault, but that all depends on how he feels throughout the game. We've seen similar instances when Carl Hagelin and Ryan Callahan returned from their injuries earlier on in the season.

As far as facing the Bruins goes, this will be the first meeting between these two teams since last year's Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Bruins wound up knocking the Rangers out five games before steamrolling the Pittsburgh Penguins and heading to the Stanley Cup Final. Tonight should be another big test for this hockey team, and it'll definitely help to have Nash back in there.

Henrik Lundqvist will be getting the start for the Rangers, and it's expected that ex-Ranger Chad Johnson will start for the Bruins.

The projected lineup for tonight's game can be found below.

VS. Bos

New York Rangers (10-10-0) vs Boston Bruins (13-6-1)
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:30 PM
Television: NBCSN, TSN, NESN, MSG 2 | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: Stanley Cup of Chowder

Projected Lineup:

Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Mats Zuccarello
Brian Boyle - Derick Brassard - Rick Nash
Benoit Pouliot - Dominic MooreDerek Dorsett

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Justin Falk

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches: Taylor Pyatt (concussion), Michael Del Zotto (healthy).

More from Blueshirt Banter: