Bruins Skate Past Rangers; Rick Nash Returns

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

There's really only one way to quickly capture the Rangers last three games: The team has taken 116 shots, and score two goals. Miraculously, there were two points earned in that three-game span. Last night, for the second consecutive game, the Rangers registered 38+ shots, but found themselves on the wrong end of a result on home ice. Of course, there were some other noteworthy elements of Tuesday night's game. Here are your morning notes.

After missing over a month with a concussion, Rick Nash returned to action. The forward registered a team-high five shots on goal in just under 18 minutes of ice time. Overall, he looked pretty sharp, and was one of the more noticeable players on the ice, creating a few quality scoring chances. Some recaps of Tuesday night's game. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [Blueshirts United] [The Record] [ESPN NY] [Daily News]

Once again, Chris Kreider was the best Ranger on the ice. But despite registering an assist on the team's lone goal (his eighth point in his last nine games) he did squander many an opportunity, including this penalty shot. [NHL]

For the third straight game, Michael Del Zotto was scratched. [Blueshirts Blog] While a Mats Zuccarello turnover led to the rush that ended in the Bruins' first goal Tuesday night, Justin Falk made a poor play in the defensive zone that also compounded the play. If Del Zotto sits again Thursday in Dallas, I think that would be pretty telling.

For the first time all season, the Rangers are healthy. Now, it's time to see what they're made of. [NY Post]

More from Blueshirt Banter: