Inisde the Division: 11/21 Nash Returns but the Rangers Drop Below .500

Maddie Meyer

The Rangers drop back below the .500 mark... what a difference a week makes.

The New York Rangers have dropped to fourth place in the division with the Devils beating the Ducks late last night in overtime. The Rangers recent struggles have allowed the Devils to overtake them, Hurricanes to draw even with them in points and the Flyers and Islanders to come within two points of them in the standings. Now that we are a quarter of the way through the 2013-14 NHL season we can start to get an idea of where the Rangers are compared to the rest of the division and the conference... and it doesn't look pretty. There's no two ways about it, the Rangers need to start stringing together wins if they want to separate themselves from the rest of the pack in the middle of the Metropolitan Division standings. Hopefully Nash's return to the lineup will mean more wins for the Rangers because this team cannot afford to linger around the .500 mark for much longer if they have serious designs on appearing in the 2014 NHL Playoffs. Let's take a quick look at the Division standings and then jump into your links for the week.

Team

GP

OTL

PTS

Penguins

22

14

8

0

28

Capitals

22

12

9

1

25

Devils

21

8

8

5

21

Rangers

21

10

11

0

20

Hurricanes

21

8

9

4

20

Islanders

22

8

11

3

19

Flyers

20

8

10

2

19

Blue Jackets

21

7

11

3

17

I'm not sure how closely you guys read what I write in these but I wanted to say something that I am getting a little weary of saying in the comments section. Please treat everyone with courtesy and respect, especially those who are new or find themselves ganged-up on because they often have unpopular opinions. The only kind of people that don't belong on the Banter are those that frequently break our community guidelines and actively try to make others feel unwelcome, uncomfortable, and unheard. In short, be kind and courteous to one another and if you find you don't mix well with someone simply don't interact with them. You'd be making my life a lot easier if you helped cut back on the drama around here. We're all Rangers fans here and, as far as I can tell, good people... except Joe. He's a monster and he must be stopped.

Now that I got that out of the way... enjoy your links this week and lets hope that Rick Nash returning to the lineup will help the Rangers return to their winning ways. Do you have any links of any kind (especially those that are hockey-related) that you want to share with the community? Share them with us in the comments section! Enjoy your week and if I don't talk to you before Thanksgiving, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday with the people that you love. Save some leftovers for me.

Let's go Rangers.

More from Blueshirt Banter: