Rangers Vs. Stars Preview: Rangers Head Back Out West

Bruce Bennett

The New York Rangers will head back out west tonight as they take on the Dallas Stars in the first game of a five game road trip.

After a very frustrating loss to the Boston Bruins on Tuesday night, the New York Rangers will journey out west for a meeting with the Dallas Stars. Coming into this game, the Dallas Stars are winners in seven of their last ten games, but a majority of those have come on the road. Tonight will be a big test for the Rangers as they look to make their way back to .500 after they had a winnable game on their hands against the Bruins.

One of the Rangers biggest strengths down these last stretch of games has been their puck possession and hefty amount of shots on goal. The only thing they are really missing at the moment is the finishing touches on their scoring opportunities, and they'd be golden. Hopefully we see their goal scoring trend back upward tonight, because they really need something to go their way.

The projected lineup for tonight's game can be found below.

VS. Dal

New York Rangers (10-11-0) vs Dallas Stars (11-7-2)
American Airlines Center - Dallas, TX - 8:30 PM
Television: MSG, FS-W | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: Defending Big D

Projected Lineup:

Rick Nash - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Mats Zuccarello
Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - Carl Hagelin
Derek Dorsett - Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Michael Del Zotto

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches: Taylor Pyatt (concussion), Justin Falk (healthy).

More from Blueshirt Banter: