Rangers Drop Stars; Brad Richards Returns To Dallas; Rick Nash With A New Perspective

Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

The kind of chances the Rangers had been generating over their last 180 minutes of hockey, it was only a matter of time until the goals came. After playing a three-game span in which the team only mustered two goals, the Rangers bounced back offensively and found the back of the net three times to beat the Stars 3-2 to open up a five-game road trip. It's a great sign to see the Rangers not get discouraged by a couple of very frustrating games. Here are your morning notes.

There were a few players who stood out Thursday night, but none more than Henrik Lundqvist. The Rangers left the first period up 1-0, on the strength of 23 saves from Lundqvist (a new career-high for a single period), many of which were very difficult, en rotue to a 41 save performance. Lundqvist even managed an assist on the team's first period goal. Some recaps from Thursday night's tilt. [Blueshirt Banter] [Daily News] [ESPN NY] [The Record] [Blueshirts United]

In another very encouraging display, Rick Nash was very noticeable against the Stars, including scoring his first goal of the season on a move from a guy who didn't look rusty. [NHL]

With the Rangers offense needing a boost, and Alain Vigneault looking for his defensemen to contribute more, all eyes or on Michael Del Zotto as he returns to the lineup. [Daily News]

Brad Richards played his first game in Dallas since leaving the Stars for the Rangers back in 2011. For a rejuvenated Richards, the key to his turnaround has been shooting the puck more. [Rangers Rants]

Finally back after missing more than a month with a concussion, all-star forward Nash has a new perspective on hockey, and life. [NY Post]

Inside the Metropolitan Division, where the Rangers continue to flirt with the .500 mark. [Blueshirt Banter]

More from Blueshirt Banter: