Rangers Vs. Predators Preview: Rangers Journey Into Smashville

Frederick Breedon

The New York Rangers will journey into Smashville tonight for a meeting with the Nashville Predators.

Coming off a satisfying win against the Dallas Stars on Thursday night, the New York Rangers will continue their road trip tonight against the Nashville Predators. In a surprising change of events, Alain Vigneault elected to go with Cam Talbot in goal tonight, which will give Henrik Lundqvist the night off. Talbot has busted onto the scene since being recalled, and is currently 4-1 in his first five starts. What's even more impressive is his .943 SV%, and 1.56 GAA.

The Nashville Predators had previously hit a rough patch in their schedule, but have since won their last three games in consecutive order. They have also been without Pekka Rinnie for the last several weeks, and Marek Mazanec has stepped up in his absence.

The full lineup for tonight's game can be found below.

VS. Nas

New York Rangers (11-11-0) vs Nashville Predators (11-9-2)
Bridgestone Arena - Nashville, TN - 8:00 PM
Television: MSG 2, FS-TN | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: On the Forecheck

Projected Lineup:

Rick Nash - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Mats Zuccarello
Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - Carl Hagelin
Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Derek Dorsett

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Michael Del Zotto

Cam Talbot
Henrik Lundqvist

Scratches: Taylor Pyatt (concussion), Justin Falk (healthy), J.T. Miller (healthy).

More from Blueshirt Banter: