Lightning romp Rangers; Nash and Richards clicking; Pyatt back with team

Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

The Rangers five-game road winning streak came to an end Monday night, as the Lightning defeated the Rangers 5-0. Despite outshooting the Lightning 37-25, the Rangers found themselves on the wrong end a lopsided game.

Two big mistakes in the first period resulted in two Tampa Bay goals, and the Rangers found themselves down a pair after 20 minutes. Things didn't get much better for the Rangers as the game went on, and Henrik Lundqvist got pulled after two periods. Some recaps of last night's action. [Blueshirt Banter] [Daily News] [The Record] [Blueshirts United] [ESPN NY]

Despite a lack of playing time together, Brad Richards and Rick Nash are clicking. [NY Post]

Creating scoring chances with his speed, and finding time and space on the ice, Chris Kreider is looking to become a finisher. [The Record]

As Michael Del Zotto has returned to the fold, John Moore has begun to flourish. [NY Post]

Taylor Pyatt rejoined the Rangers Monday in Tampa Bay, and could be back in the lineup soon. [Newsday]

Dominic Moore and Richards, both former members of the Lightning, returned to the Tampa Bay Times Forum last night to face their former team. [Rangers Rants]

Finally back together, the Rangers top line is confident the goals will come [Daily News]

In a bit of big league news, 10 former players are suing the league for concealing information regarding serious brain injuries. [SB Nation]

Part One of the Rangers quarter-season report card, which dissects the teams goalies. [Blueshirt Banter]

More from Blueshirt Banter:

SB Nation Featured Video